Description of job and tasks involved
I am head of the the Project Desk. The Project Desk team consists of three members. Project Desk provides a wide range of funding support activities to help the researchers run and administer research projects from start to finish. The services of Project Desk will support any kind of funding, grants, contract research and sponsoring from the start of the project to its official completion. Each of the members has her own area of expertise in the funding support process.
I provide legal support. Should a researcher be looking to obtain funding by means of a cooperation project, contract research or sponsorship, I can draw up the required agreements (including consortium agreements and non-disclosure agreements) and in cooperation with the other members of the Project Desk I also support researchers in organising project meetings, including kick-off meetings and closure meetings. I also inquire about the terms and conditions that are set forth in a grant agreement, provide legal advice about the most optimal arrangements that can be agreed upon for the project and I participate in meetings where commitments will be negotiated with the prospective partners. Furthermore, I contact the grant provider or the possible partners to help reach an agreement regarding the contract.
Experience in European research projects
FP7 - Cooperation
- Comparative Police Studies in the EU;
- Ice, Climate and Economics;
- Accelerating and Rescaling Transitions to Sustainability;
- Common assessment and analysis of risk in global supply chains;
- CASSANDRA: Energy A multivariate platform for assessing the impact of strategic decisions in electrical power systems;
- Optimal Networks for Train integration Management across Europe;
FP7 - Marie Curie
- Research and Competence Training Network for Sustainability-Driven Innovation;
- Organizing for Sustainability: The importance of formalization of control and learning in the transition towards sustainability;
- Management of Emergent Technologies for Economic Impact;
FP7 - CIPS
- CRitical Infrastructure Simulation of ADvanced Models on Interconnected Networks resilience;
Eramus+ Life Long Learning: Erasmus
- Inclusive Human Resources Management Practices for Older Workers;
- Recruitment for Effective European Cultural Workforce Diversity;
Eramus+ Erasmus Mundus
- Strengthening higher education in Urban Sustainability and Transitions towards internationalisation of Academic Institutions and Networks;
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is one of Europe’s leading business schools. RSM offers a distinctive intellectual culture. RSM believes that leadership can be taught through a combination of intellectual and practical challenges. We believe that the difficulties encountered working in diverse teams fosters creative new approaches in business. RSM enjoys a reciprocal, supportive relationship with multinational companies. And RSM encourages a flexible, broad and sometimes iconoclastic mindset in matters of business practice and research.
This distinct approach has helped RSM to establish a portfolio of top-ranked programmes, as well as one of the world’s largest and most prolific management faculties.
Rotterdam School of Management is a part of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Erasmus University Rotterdam is a research university, driven by a strong focus on current social issues. The university concentrates its expertise on issues of management, organisation and policy in the public and private sectors on the one hand, as well as on the field of sickness and health care. Erasmus University Rotterdam has bundled its education and research into four areas of expertise in which the university has a national and international reputation to maintain:
- Health: from molecule to human to society and back
- Wealth: sustainable economic growth
- Governance: the organisation of companies and society
- Culture: media, happiness and identity in the modern urban society
The university sees the following as its core tasks: to generate knowledge from research, to share knowledge in education and to transfer knowledge to the community. Its driving forces are academic curiosity, critical reflection and social engagement.
- Curriculum Vitae
Bachelor of Dutch Law 2007-2009: Master of Dutch Law, specialization Criminal Law 2008-2009: Project Assistant of the project Optimizing Conditional Sanctions at the Public Prosecution Service 2009-2010: Secretariat of the Programme legal aid and dispute resolution at the Ministry of Security and Justice 2010-2011: Legal assistant at the Legail Aid Board since 2011: Project Desk Manager at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam