Training School | Belgrade | June 2018
Training School: How to manage key financial tasks for H2020 European research and innovation projects: Finance for Beginners
June 4-6, 2018 | Belgrade, Serbia
Beneficiaries of EU projects have to commit themselves to the requirements of budgetary management, accounting, and financial reporting regulations. It is crucial that projects both meet the overall strategic objectives of the funding scheme and also meet the detailed financial rules. Complex eligibility criteria and rules have to be followed and strict deadlines have to be met. During the 3 days BESTPRAC Training School “How to manage key financial tasks for H2020 European research and innovation projects: Finance for Beginners” participants were shown how to analyze and understand financial management procedures and requirements for well-planned and well-executed H2020 projects, and how to solve financial management tasks.
Training School concept at a glance
Universities, research organisations, and small and large business enterprises all over Europe have an opportunity to participate in European research and innovation projects, and receive EU funding through the EU framework programmes for research and innovation Horizon 2020. To make use of this opportunity, they have to manage financial tasks for the projects in accordance with EU rules.
This training school was designed for administrative staff who have been assigned to financial related tasks, and who:
● are not familiar with the financial rules of H2020 (either participating as partner or as coordinator), and/or
● have little or no practical experience or training in how to perform and solve these tasks.
Per Inge Andresen, Senior adviser, NTNU – Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
Mag. Dr. Wolfram Rieneck, Deputy Head of Service Center Research, Medical University Innsbruck, Austria
Geraldine Leonard, European Project manager, Université d'Orléans, France
Francesca Tomasi, Head Administrative Officer, University of Trento, Italy
Darina Zaimova, Associate Professor, Trakia University
Center for the Promotion of Science, Kralja Petra 46
11000, BELGRADE, SERBIA
1. Financial management: practitioner's needs (Per Inge Andresen)
2. H2020 and relevant documents (Géraldine Leonard)
3. Budgeting at the proposal stage (Wolfram Rieneck)
4. Budget preparation exercises (Wolfram Rieneck)
5. From proposal to project (Wolfram Rieneck)
6. The management of H2020 projects (Per Inge Andresen)
7. The management of H2020 projects: Tips and Tricks (Per Inge Andresen)
8. The financial reporting (Darina Zaimova)
9. Certificate on Financial Statements (Per Inge Andresen)
10. Audit procedure (Francesca Tomasi)
11. Practical audit experience (Per Inge Andresen)
12. What it means to be a H2020 coordinator (Wolfram Rieneck)
You can watch the recording of the training school on the following link.
Local organizer: Marina Matovic
Grant Holder (for questions on registration and reimbursement): Andri Charalambous