• Head of Team EU, functional manager of two senior advisors and one junior advisor.
• Responsible for informing and advising by Team EU of scientists on European funding opportunities, including Horizon 2020, 3rd Health Programme, IMI and Erasmus+.
• Responsible for training and support by Team EU of scientists in the preparation of European grant proposals.
• Responsible for the participation of Erasmus MC in relevant consultations by the European Commission.
• Monitoring and analysis of performance Erasmus MC in European funding programmes.
• Monitoring and analysis of trends and developments in European Research & Innovation.
• Representative of Erasmus MC in stakeholder events organized by the European Commission.
• Representative of Erasmus MC in national EU-Liaison networks.
• Legal Entity Appointed Representative (LEAR) for Erasmus MC.
• FP6 and FP7 Health collaborative projects and Marie Curie Initial Training Networks
• Innovative Medicine Initiative
• Horizon 2020 Grand Societal Challenge 1 (applications)
Erasmus MC (www.erasmusmc.nl) is the largest university medical center in The Netherlands and is committed to a healthy population and excellence in healthcare through research and education. The central Research Development Office (www.erasmusmc.nl/research-development-office/) informs Erasmus MC scientists on national, European and international funding opportunities for research, innovation and education, supports during the writing of funding applications through advice and review, and pro-actively contributes to the setting of policy agenda's by funding organisations. Legal support is provided by the Erasmus MC TTO. Post-award research administration of administrative and financial issues is carried out at a decentral level.
|2016-present:||Coordinator Team EU, Research Development Office, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands|
|2013-2016:||Head Grant Support Office, Research Office Sophia, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands|
|2002-2013:||Scientific project manager, Dept. of Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands|
|1999-2002:||Protein Chemistry Department, Pharming Technologies B.V. (1999 - 2000 Research Associate, 2000 - 2001 Project coordinator, 2001 - 2002 Bio- and Immunochemistry Group Leader)|
|1994-1999:||PhD training, University of Leiden, seconded at TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands|
|Biomedical Sciences, University of Leiden, The Netherlands|