Expertise relevant to the Targeted Network
- a long term experience of research administration (over 20 years)
- Strategic development and responsibility for the process of external research funding at the university level; monitoring and understanding developments relevant to universities’ research funding and research policy
- In depth knowledge of Finnish, Nordic and European research funding, science administration and science policy
- Manager, administration and consultation of major research funding schemes including Finnish Programme for Centres of Excellence in Research, Finnish roadmap of Research Infrastructures and targeted funding for EU framework programme applicants
- Successful in obtaining competitive funding
- University representative in several national and international arenas
With approximately 15,000 students and 2,800 members of staff, the University of Eastern Finland is one of the largest universities in Finland. The university's campuses are located in Joensuu, Kuopio and Savonlinna. The University of Eastern Finland is a multidisciplinary university, which offers teaching in more than 100 major subjects. The university comprises four faculties: the Philosophical Faculty, the Faculty of Science and Forestry, the Faculty of Health Sciences, and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies. The activities of the university underscore multidisciplinarity. The areas of expertise in research of the University of Eastern Finland are Forests and the Environment, Health and Well-being, and New Technologies and Materials.
Research services is a part of Development Services which cover almost the entire lifespan needed to carry out a successful research project. Services include capacity building and strategic planning, research funding, and business collaboration and innovation services. Legal services are mainly carried out by separate University Services.
- Curriculum Vitae
Positions of several regional development organisations 1990-1992: Research support officer 1992-2009: Head of the Research and Innovation Services and LEAR, University of Kuopio 2010: LEAR (Legal Appointed Representative), University of Eastern Finland 2010: Head of the research services, University of Eastern Finland 2013: ERASMUS staff exchange, University of Århus 2013: Director, research services, University of Eastern Finland