Description of job and tasks involved
- Provision of administrative and management support to research programs carried out at the Institute
- Advice and assist researchers at the proposal preparation stage, ensuring compliance with policies/requirements (e.g. financial) set by the Institute and the funding agencies.
- Maintain and update the Institute’s Research Grant Opportunities Database with new research grant Opportunities from around the world based on key words provided by the researchers
- Monitoring and verifying expenditure and receipt of funds for approved research programs and providing necessary information to principal investigators for their budgetary reporting to funding agencies.
- Financial reporting and administrative assistance to principle investigators in their reporting to funding agencies (including financial statements and other administrative reports).
Experience in European research projects
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics (CING), was established in 1990, as a bi-communal, non-profit, private, academic, medical centre by The Muscular Dystrophy Research Trust of Cyprus. It is one of the first research and diagnostic organisations in Cyprus with a long tradition of excellence in the field of biological sciences and has some of the best facilities for biological research on the island. The vision of the CING is to function as an International Centre of Excellence and a Regional Referral Centre in the areas of Neurology, Genetics, Biomedical, Medical and related Sciences. The mission of the CING is to develop and provide high level medical and clinical laboratory services, develop and pursue advanced research and provide education in the aforementioned areas.
The Research Programmes Office (RPO) is The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics (CING) office that provides management and administrative services to all departments and all awarded research grants, from the pre proposal stage to the receipt of the final payment from the funding agency.
The RPO services include the following:
- Proposal application assistance.
- Maintain and regularly update the institute’s Research Grant Opportunities Database with new research grant opportunities from around the world based on key words provided by the researchers.
- Management of awarded research grants.
- Maintain and update the Institute’s Research Programmes Management System.
- Organisation of in-house training activities for all staff for research grant opportunities
- Provide assistance and support for the organisation of open conferences/seminars according to the CING regulation for organising conferences and workshops.
- Provide support and assistance to researchers to apply and meet their responsibilities according to the Intellectual Property (IP) Policy of the Institute.
- Act as the Institute’s LEAR (Legal Entity Appointed Representative) contact in H2020.
- Curriculum Vitae
2000-2004: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (Accounting & Finance),Second Upper Class Honours Division, PA College, Larnaca (Cyprus)
ACCA Certificate of Completion Professional Parts 2&1
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, London (UK)
2015: Master in Business Administration –MBA Open University Cyprus, Nisosia (Cyprus) 2000-2005: Napa Mermaid Hotel - Accounting Officer 2006-2007: Cyprus Tourism Organization – Department of Statistics - Assistant Clerical Officer 2007-2012: Ministry of Education and Culture - Caretaker/Epimelitria since 2012: The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics - Research Programme Officer