Description of job and tasks involved
- Collect and disseminate to appropriate university staff information about open calls for proposals for receiving of the EU funding
- Support the scientific staff in project preparation phase
- Develop RSU internal rules on project management, preparation, implementation and monitoring
- Take part in Projects’ implementation phase
- Ensure management of projects which are under responsibility of Department
- Manage Projects’ evaluation
Experience in European research projects
FP7, Horizon 2000, Interreg, EU structural funds, ERA Net
Rīga Stradiņš University holds a unique place in Latvia’s scientific field, providing a full research cycle from laboratory to hospital bed. This applies particularly to such research fields of public importance as oncology, infections, paediatrics, rehabilitation and dentistry.
RSU is a leading academic research institution in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, rehabilitation and nursing sciences. Research in social sciences, humanities and law, for which RSU has a significant intellectual and theoretical base, is becoming increasingly important.
An ever-increasing attention is paid to the transfer of knowledge and technologies by integrating knowledge in the basic functions of the University, and also transforming knowledge in to products and services that are useful to the society.
There are five doctorate study programmes operating at RSU – medicine, pharmacy, sociology, law, political science and seven doctorate councils: with bases in medical science, internal medicine, surgery, medicinal biomechanics, dentistry, pharmacy, sociology.
Since 2008, Rīga Stradiņš University research activities have been organized within the following RSU priority research directions:
- Ageing: biological ageing factors and quality of life in Latvian population
- Structural biology, functional and biomechanical studies for new diagnostic tools and new therapeutic interventions
- Endogenous and exogenous risk factors in Latvia, comprehensive analysis of public health determinants
- Modern approaches to infection agents, their role in infections relevant for Latvia
- Mortality and disability factors during childhood
- Cancer: research on clinical and molecular characteristics and their advancement for prevention, early diagnosis and improvement of treatment strategies
- Immunochemical, radiological and clinical methods in research on dentofacial and maxillofacial deformities and anomalies
- Clinical epidemiology of functional limitations caused by health disturbances
- Social dimension of medicine, effects of globalisation
- Curriculum Vitae
Bachelor of life science, Biology, University of Latvia 1999-2001: Master of life science, Biology, University of Latvia 2005-2007: Master of social science, Public administration, University of Latvia 2000-2003: Study consultant, University of Latvia 2003-2006: Consultant INCO, Latvian National Contact Point 2003-2008 Project manager, University of Latvia since 2008: Director of department, Rīga Stradiņš University