Description of job and tasks involved
Coordinate establishment of TTO of Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Sofia, Bulgaria –the TTO develops services in the following broad areas: intellectual property, patents & licenses, technology audit, advice & support of spin-off companies, training and consultancies in technology transfer and management of innovations, national and international networking, assistance in management of international research projects and international technology transfer; Coordinate project management and administration of the SU contracts and services and grant scheme management; Development of partnerships between Higher Education Institutions (HEI), Public Research Organizations (PRO), other public institutions or similar and private sector and assessment of mechanisms for future possibilities valuation of implementation effectiveness; Provide lecture and training on PPP, EU Structural Funds project implementation; Project management leading and advisory of CIST and FITR projects with task for evaluation of risks that can endanger sustainability of the achieved projects’ results; Member of training team; Develop and deliver a Training Need Assessment(TNA) for the civil society on grant schemes; Prepare and implement a public procurement procedures; Administrates and coordinates all TA related activities: procurement documents; organisational activities; coordinates the design of the technical investment projects; completing the project forms and budget according to the EU SF rules and regulations.
Experience in European research projects
Key expert position in the following projects:
- „QualiProSH II - Qualification profile "Second Hand" ERASUM +, 2014
- "Preparation of the Bulgarian administration for effective protection of national interests in the European Union", funded by the Operational Programme "Administrative Capacity" (OPAC), financed by the European Union (EU) through the European Social Fund (ESF), 2013
- FP7 EuroRIs-Net Project: European Research Infrastructure Network of National Contact Points, 2009
- Establishment of COE Center for Interdisciplinary Research Excellence, 2009-2012
- Construction and development of the Center for Technology Transfer; 2007-2014
- Implementation of the Science and Technology Park on the territory of Sofia University and Construction of business incubator in it; 2010
- 091_PR_4_PP_0248 "ESPON in support of integrated territorial development" (ESPON INTERSTRAT), funded by the Operational Programme ESPON, 2013
- Build a mobile test laboratory for RES in Sofia; 2009-2010
- FP7-REGPOT-2007-1 Project SISTER: Strengthening the IST Research Capacity of Sofia University
- FP6 IST - 026964 Project UNITE: Unified e-learning environment for the school, 2006 – 2008,
- FP6 IST - 027087 IP Project TENCompetence: Building the European Network for Lifelong Competence Development,
- FP6-2004-IST-NMP-2 Project PRIME: Providing Real Integration in Multi-disciplinary Environments
- FP6 STREP-013635 Project PARCEL: Participatory Communication Activities on E.Learning;
- FP6 NoE IST-2003-507838 Project KALEIDOSCOPE: Concepts and methods for exploring the future of learning with digital technologies”
- Public administration expert at the framework contract of the European Commission, reference “EuropeAid/127054/C/SER/Multi – Lot 7,
- "Innovative approach to promote healthy, active and dignity of the elderly ", Progress of the European Union, 2012-2013
- Technical Assistance Project „Increasing efficiency of work Central Coordination Unit of Council of Ministers and Key Expert in trainings for OPRD of MRDPW, 2011- 2012
- "Creating conditions for development and implementation of effective and efficient policies for sustainable development of Mezdra municipalities" A10-13-8/11.01.2012, the regimen of BG051PO002/10/1.3-04 operational Programme "Administrative Capacity", 2012-2013
- „Establishing and strengthening the mechanism for successful public-private partnerships in the municipality of Burgas and the Southeast planning area ' Contract № A08-14-38-C/10.02.2009, 209-2010
- UNDP project “Strengthening Partnership in the Planning and Absorption of the EU SCFs” 2006-2007
- Technical Assistance Project „Increasing efficiency of work of Central Coordination Unit of Ministry of Finance” 2009-2011
Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" was founded in 1888. Over its 120 years of history the first Bulgarian University has proved to be a national educational, research and cultural centre. Nowadays, it has 16 faculties, 1600 lecturers, about 1000 post-graduate students and over 25 thousand students.
The Scientific Research Centre (NIS) is the department responsible for administration and support of the research and project activities on a contract basis.
Annually, NIS administrates over 300 project contracts with a total value of about 10 Mio BGN. Projects are funded on a contract basis by the National Research Fund (60%), the EC Programmes (30%), and by the industry. Over 500 researchers, mainly from the academic staff of Sofia University and 93 specialists from NIS take part in these activities.
At present, the Scientific and Research Center is member of the Association of European Science & Technology Transfer Professionals and of the CERN TTOs Network.
The research activities carried out through the Scientific Research Centre range over almost all fields of natural and social science. The main directions of scientific research are concentrated in: nanotechnologies and new materials, information and communication technologies, microbiology, quantum electronics and laser technology, thermodynamics of surface and disperse systems, ecology and environment protection, biology and biological resources, education, and cultural heritage.
The main activities of the Scientific Research Centre are as follows:
- Provides administrative and financial services of projects;
- Performs project financial management and reporting;
- Provides support in project proposal development;
- Provides information about funding opportunities;
- Supports technology transfer;
- Provides consultancy in IPR issues;
- Performs training in commercialization of research results;
- Maintains web sites and data bases about projects and results;
- Produces electronic monthly newsletter, on-line journal of academic research publications, Yearbook of research project results, and promotional materials;
- Serves as a National Industry liaison office of CERN;
- Participates in international research and technology transfer networks