Description of job and tasks involved
- Support researchers for all external project submissions: providing help from the budget, reading the submission, support filling administrative forms, understanding the rules and regulations for each submission.
- Management: support and hand-on help to manage major or complicated projects.
- Support and coordination with the accounting department regarding legal and accounting issues.
- Coordination with the publications dept and the library regarding publications
- Business point of contact for the implementation and support or a research software repository.
- Other diverse tasks related to the Research Office.
Experience in European research projects
Managed the following projects:
FP6: 3D Anatomical Human (MC_ITN, coordinator), Aim@Shape (NoE), CADPIPE (SME), ENACTIVE (NoE), EPOC (NoE), Haptex (STREP, Coordinator), INDIGO (STREP), INTERMEDIA (NoE, Coordinator), Intuition (NoE), Leapfrog (CA + IP)
FP7: 3D Life (NoE), Focus K 3D (CSA), Servive (Collaborative- SME targeted), MultiScale Human (MC_ITN, coordinator)
Supported other FP7 projects during the time as a European grant officer.
The Graduate Institute is an institution of research and higher education dedicated to the study of world affairs, with a particular emphasis on the cross-cutting fields of international relations and development. Our research mission is to produce knowledge that fosters a better understanding of global problems. Located in Geneva, the Institute intensely engages with international organizations, NGOs and multinational companies, participating in global discussions and preparing students as leaders in tomorrow’s world.
Our research department was created recently (2012) and at present comprises one director and one research coordinator. Research is conducted in five academic departments and eight eight centres and programmes. The research office provides support and information to all researchers, especially in the stage of proposal preparation. Centre and programme administrators offer additional support to researchers affiliated with centres and programmes. The research office also assumes administrative tasks associated with project implementation for researchers not affiliated with centres and programmes. It furthermore coordinates the development and implementation of policies and budgets with the accounting and human resources departments.
- Curriculum Vitae
Licence en Science Economique et Sociales, University of Geneva 1991-1995: Quality manager, Rolex, Switzerland 1996-1998: MBA, Sydney University, Australia 2000-2001: Business Analyst, James Hardie, Australia 2002-2006: Project Leader, Integrated Solutions, Switzerland 2006-2010: Project manager, Miralab, University of Geneva, Switzerland 2011-2012: European grant officer, University of Geneva/Euresearch, Switzerland since 2012: Research coordinator, Graduate Institute (IHEID), Switzerland