Description of job and tasks involved
My previous experience in European projects management during more than seven years working in different entities (public and private) has provided me a deep view of the different panoramas for boosting participation in international projects. Moreover my education background in Legal, European Law and Economics and Innovation aspects have increased my knowledge about European institutions and R&D policies. Nowadays I am part of the European Projects Office team of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) working with administrative, legal and financial aspects of European R&D projects of UPM. Personally, I conduct the generation of international R&D&I projects, stimulating the emergence of project ideas and promotion of the UPM's R&D Institutes and Centers participation. I manage the administrative and financial reporting of international projects (cost claims, audits, etc.) and the negotiation process of consortium agreements and IPR issues.
Experience in European research projects
- PILOT-INN-Piloting Innovation. FP7-PEOPLE-2012-COFUND.
- UNITE-UPM-Marie Curie International Mobility Programme. FP7-PEOPLE-2008-COFUND.
- ELIARE Network SUDOE – Establishing Links to Augment Research in Europe with Network in Sudoe. INTERREG IV B SUDOE. DG Regio.
- ULAB – European Laboratory for modelling the Technical Research University of Tomorrow. FP7-SCIENCE-IN-SOCIETY-2010-UNIV. DG Research.
- SYDDARTA – System for Digitization and Diagnosis in Art Applications. FP7- ENV-2010.
- ArcheoMED - Cultural and Archaelogical heritage in the Mediterranean. ENPI CBC-MED.
- PICODICON- Development of a mobile Pico-projector based data displaying solution for Construction SMEs enabling the “paperless construction site”. FP7-SME-1 (Research for SMEs). DG Research.
- Regional Framework programme RFO – Perspective 2007-2013. INTERREG IIIC, DG Regio.
- FinNETSME. INTERREG IIIC, DG Regio.
- Al-Invest Fruit & vegetables market “EUROAGRO-2006”, DG Europ Aid.
- Al-Invest/Pro€invest Audiovisual market "Festival Cinémas d'Espagne et d'Amérique latine de Bruxelles" (FestCEAL), DG Europe Aid.
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) is the oldest and largest Spanish technical university, with more than 3.300 faculty members, around 37.000 undergraduate students and 5.000 postgraduates in 22 Schools of study. The UPM’s researchers have been participating in European Programs since the early Framework Programs in the 80`s. During the 7th Framework Program the UPM was recognized as the Spanish University with the highest number of projects approved with 283 projects approved and 78,9 Million€ of funding. Vice-Rectorate for Research is managing all UPM’s Research activities divided in four main areas: National, International, Infrastructures and Innovation support. International R&D&I projects are carried out by the UPM European Projects Office team that works since its creation in 2007, to give assessment to UPM researchers to participate in the European programs in order to increase the quantity of European funded projects in which UPM participates, to ameliorate the quality of its participation and to support the researches during the duration of the projects in administrative, legal and financial management.
- Curriculum Vitae
University degree in law, Universidad de Valencia (Spain)
Master in European Law, Institut d’Études Européennes. Universitée Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium)
Valencian Community Regional Office in Brussels (Belgium), Internship as European Project Manager and Foreign Trade Adviser 2006-2007:
Economic and Commercial Office of the Spanish Embassy in Paris (France), Internship as External trade and Legal Advise
Fundación Comunidad Valenciana-Región Europea, Project Coordinator, Valencia (Spain), Regional Framework Programme of Perspective 20013 (INTERREG IV B)
AIDO Technological Institute of Optics, Colour and Imaging, Valencia (Spain), Project Manager at International Projects Unit since 2012: Universidad Politecnica de Madrid - European projects Office, Madrid (Spain), European Programmes Coordinator since 2012: Master in Economics and Innovation Management, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (Spain)